What's new, Pussycat?

So, if you had a free Saturday, a pile of felt squares, and Anchorman on DVD, what would you make? Yes, that's right, you'd make a small felt doll in the likeness of a celebrity. And that's exactly what I did. Not, as the Hubster guessed, Elvis, but the wonderful Mr Tom Jones:



I am still thinking he needs a medallion, but I need to get more supplies for that. He was based loosely on this fantastic photo:


I wasn't sure I could make the jacket, and I didn't want to make the doll *ahem* anatomically correct, if you get my meaning. But, not a bad effort all round.

Comments

  1. Woooooahh-a-woah-a-whoa-a-whoooooa!

    Nice work! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is da bomb, baby. Bloody marvellous *golf clap*

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just great!
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantabulous! quite amused now.. thank you! love the chest hair...

    whats next? the A- Team? Michael Knight and Kit? umm WonderWoman?

    *grasps and 70's and 80's iconic straws*

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apryl, much as I'd love to go down that route, it's already been done (someone on Etsy has done the A-team and various other 'icons'). I'm sticking to my list for now, but I am open to suggestions for list additions.

    Thanks for all the comments. Oh, and Tom says thanks for the pants, ladies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will he become a give-away???
    I think all the woman in the world want him! lol!!
    Add me please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I can part with him just yet. I'll see how I feel when I've made a few other people from my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see Tom Jones dresses to the left. Interesting.

    I love the little buttons on his trousers. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment